First harvest from our tire garden is: Green Onions! They smell so good… of course, I have no idea what to do with them. Other than lots of salads. And giving some to family members (to… put on salads?)
So I had to dig for some recipes that I can throw them into, and I think I’ve got a pretty solid meal-plan lined up for the week. (in no particular order)
- Cornmeal-Crusted Chicken Nuggets with Berry-Mustard and broccoli
- BBQ Baked Beans and Sausage with Collard Greens – I’m going to double the greens, and prepare them as a “bed” instead of mixing in.
- Rotisserie Chicken Tacos – To make it even easier, you can get sliced rotisserie chicken at the deli-meats counter.
- Rotisserie Chicken Salad Sandwiches (to mix-up our “basic sandwich” lunch routine)
- Easy and Fast Gyros, but with the Tzatziki sauce from here because it’s great.
- Orange-Cream Freezer Treats — why not?!
I figure I can work the scallions in to every dish except the nuggets (and the freezer pops, of course). Can’t wait! I’m hungry now!