My awesome little desktop bookshelf from Ecolok arrived yesterday! It’s EXACTLY what I was looking for! and well within my price-range! I’ve already spotted at least three other places around the house where we can nestle more of these — heaven knows we could use the extra book storage.
I instantly filled it with (half) my “Pile of Shame” — lonely books, sitting around waiting to be read. I am way, way behind on my book-reading, and don’t know if I’ll ever catch up! Also nestled in there is my ColorCross Crosswords mag (I flippin’ love those things). I’m finishing up my Library of America “H.P. Lovecraft: Tales” that I received for Christmas two years ago; and next on the docket is “The Hangman’s Daughter” by Oliver Pötzsch, received just this last Christmas (thanks, John!)
The Pile of Shame, Part 1 (as pictured above)
- Scalped Vol. 10: Trail’s End (Jason Aaron; R.M. Guera)
- Last Child in the Woods (Richard Louv)
- Zombie Spaceship Wasteland: A Book by Patton Oswalt
- The Whatchamacallit: Those Everyday Objects You Just Can’t Name (and Things You Think You Know About, but Don’t) [Danny Danziger, Mark Mccrum]
- The Hangman’s Daughter (Oliver Pötzsch; translator Lee Chadeayne)
- Damned (Chuck Palahniuk)
- Odd and the Frost Giants (Neil Gaiman; illustrator Brett Helquist) – This was a gifted to Gunner for Christmas; he finished it, and is letting me “borrow” it.
- Heart-Shaped Box: A Novel (Joe Hill)
- Tesla: Man Out of Time (Margaret Cheney)
- The Poetic Edda (translator Lee M. Hollander)
- The Long Emergency: Surviving the End of Oil, Climate Change, and Other Converging Catastrophes of the Twenty-First Century (James Howard Kunstler)
- Listography Journal: Your Life in Lists (Lisa Nola; illustrator Nathaniel Russell) — Birthday gift from my dad; he knows how much I love making lists of things, lol.
- That Smirking Face: A Collection of Haiku and Haibun by Jeffrey Winke, Featuring Drawings my Matt M. Cipov
- Ten Little Zombies: A Love Story (Andy Rash)
- Donald Has a Difficulty (Peter Neumeyer; Edward Gorey) — Found this at Half Price Books in the clearance section; I’d never even heard of it, but I love Edward Gorey, so I snatched it up for a dollar.
The Pile of Shame, Extended (not pictured)
- The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt (Edmund Morris)
- Theodore Rex (Edmund Morris)
- Colonel Roosevelt (Edmund Morris)
- DUNE, 40th Anniversary Edition (Frank Herbert)
- BONE: The Complete Cartoon Epic in One Volume (Jeff Smith) — I read this once before, but am looking forward to reading it over again! It’s really good.
- In Cold Blood (Truman Capote)
- The Odyssey (Homer)
- Sophie’s World: A Novel about the History of Philosophy (Jostein Gaarder; translator Paulette Moller)
- Selected Dialogues of Plato (Plato; translator: Benjamin Jowett)
- Nordic Gods and Heroes (Padraic Colum; illustrator Willy Pogany)
- The Art of War (Sun Tzu)
- Man in White (Johnny Cash)
- Evolution Rx: A Practical Guide to Harnessing Our Innate Capacity for Health and Healing (William Meller)
- Stop Getting Ripped Off: Why Consumers Get Screwed, and How You Can Always Get a Fair Deal (Bob Sullivan)