This website-slash-blog (monster) is a mishmash of all the strange and wonderful things that fill my brain and life. It may contain swears, but so do I. It may also contain zombies and metal music, sewing and pink and unicorns, my childrens’ accomplishments and/or antics and/or bodily functions, random rantings about what-so-ever happens to be pissing me off at any given moment, or maybe I’ll see a cool bug or something. Also things that I make or find that are handmade and awesome, and sometimes I may even get a hair up my ass and post some actual content *gasps of shock and awe*
Gah! The ‘About Me’ section has always been the hardest! I suppose I’ll start with the simple stuff and we’ll see what happens… Oh, I know! I’ll make it into a list! Everything’s better in list form. (you know it’s true) Disclaimer: List may or may not be in any particular order.
- My name is ADEL (pronounced uh-dell)
- I am now 29 years old, born in October under the zodiac sign Libra.
- I’m a full-time mom and wife of the stay-at-home variety.
- I have two adorable kids and one adorable husband.
- My adorable husband is in an adorable metal band which practices in our basement 2-3 times/week.
- We also have THREE DOGS!
- I have a few tattoos.
- I wear mostly jeans and black t-shirts with flashy depictions of bands or movies that kick ass.
- I listen to a lot of music almost constantly.
- I have been creating, managing and “designing” websites since I was 13 years old.
- I’ve been running GrungeZombie.net since November 6th, 2002.
- This current version is #32 (as far as I can tell).
As you may have already deciphered (all on your own, good job), I am not the standard homemaker. Oh I cook and clean and do laundry — can’t have a functioning household without those necessities! But when I decorate, I prefer horror posters and concert billings. My purse says “ZOMBIE SURVIVAL KIT” with bloody hand prints, but I also have a pink Lisa Frank purse with a sparkly horse picture on it *squee*. I never wear makeup, fingernail polish, skirts or jewelry (ok, so maybe that isn’t so a-typical).
What else do I like, you say? Well, since you asked so politely; I like horror movies, bonfires, crossword puzzles and science fiction, tattoos and comic books and toads and stickers. My favorite thing to do is spend time with friends and family, and I especially love having a musician husband and living out in the country here in Iowa. I also like smells and I’m kinda easily distracted, and I like to sort things. Also, when I say I like to “sort” things, what I really mean is that I compulsively organize and categorize things.
Email contact: email@example.com