Nerd alert! In case you didn’t already know: one of the more studious hobbies I enjoy is photographing and classifying (and hanging out at night getting swarmed by) moths. I decided to clear out my Flickr account and dedicate it wholly to this pursuit. It’s coming along nicely; I’ve got about half of my photos from 2005 thru now edited, identified and posted. There are some really awesome moths! Check them out!
Posts Tagged: about me
I had a great time swimming at the lake last Friday with my bestest friend and our kiddos! But I was really not prepared for the aftermath…
Worst. Sunburn. Ever. (for me, anyways) I’ve never had to deal much with sunburns. I usually slowly build up a modest base-tan throughout the summer, what with my fierce avoidance of sunlight (hissssss). Apparently my shoulders were not so lucky, this year. Amazingly, no blisters developed. Still, I didn’t even know what to do about it! Luckily a lot of friends and family had much advice to give, and I ended up treating it almost solely with “Original” Noxema cream (thanks again, Aunt Jo!). It helped SO MUCH, it was unbelievable!
Needless to say, this slowed me down a bit over the weekend (booooooo). Today it feels 20-times better; hopefully it will be peeling by the end of the week. Never again will I neglect to apply sunscreen to myself! My kids got off scott-free; Mom was ever-diligent with their sunscreen, applying and reapplying — You’re welcome! It would absolutely break my heart if one of them ended up with something like this!
T-Shirts. I love them.
Some might say, that I fanatically collect them.
But that would be an overstatement, pfft (okay maybe just a little)
I’ve been wearing tees with printed graphics of all the things that are wonderful, since I was old enough to choose my own clothes. When I was 12, my favorite was an allover print Betty Boop shirt (it was fantastic).
Jeans and tees are what I wear. Year round. Mostly black, which in the summer is unfortunate. Mostly band shirts, with some movies sprinkled in there. More conversations have been initiated by strangers because of the t-shirt that I’m wearing than anything else.
Purchasing new shirts for myself happens less and less frequently, now in my era of parenthood. (not that there’s any lack of great kids shirts) But as soon as its mom’s turn, I’m gonna be all over these:
1. Unicorn and F15 Jets from Beta, 2. MINERALS from Nonfiction Tees, 3. I would prefer not to Bartleby from The Riverwest Brothers, 4. I Can’t Hear You from Snorg Tees, 5. The Morning After from Threadless, 6. PROUD TO BE AWESOME from Signature Tshirts, 7. Faith No More “The Second Coming” Yellow Sky from FNM.com, 8. im in ur blank from Think Geek.
There are also some designs that I would looooove to get on a t-shirt, but are not actually available (?!) They would look something like this:
- In middle school, I was the best player on the girls basketball C team.
- I never wear makeup.
- As a child, I was in ballet, tap, and jazz dance classes.
- I am a fan of the Green Bay Packers and the Chicago Cubs, although I rarely follow sports.
- I collect individual issues of the Spawn comic series.
- I am married and have two kids and three dogs.
- My husband has the same name as my childhood dog: Bo.
- Bo and I have been together since I was 16 and he was 18, over 11 years now (married for four).
- I started taking classes for my Associate of Liberal Arts degree from community college in 2001; as of 2010 I have one class left to take.
- I have five tattoos.
- My ears were pierced for two weeks; my nipples were pierced for seven years.
- My favorite number is 12.
- I don’t really like ice cream all that much.
- I am a Libra through-and-through.
- I own a sewing machine and use it sporadically.
- I had depression since I was 12-years-old, but after my son was born it just stopped, and I haven’t had any problems with it since.
- I am allergic to cat dander and suffer seasonal allergies.
- I had surgery on both my big toes to remove extemporaneous bone pieces.
- I was raised Lutheran, but now I just identify myself as a Christian.
- I love old cheesy horror flicks and it bugs the crap outta my husband.
- I think I have some obsessive-compulsive tendencies; I call it being detail-oriented.
- I LOVE RED BULL!!
- I own one pair of sneakers and two pairs of jeans.
- My best friend’s name is Peash.
- I am probably an alcoholic.
- I think that getting new socks is one of the greatest things ever.
- I am very easily amused.
- My appendix was removed when I was 12-years-old.
- I enjoy watching other people play video games.
- I LOVE ZOMBIE MOVIES and zombie anything-in-general.
- My car was purchased new in 2005 and has never been washed by me.
- I think breastfeeding is best for babies.
- My first concert was New Kids on the Block when I was 8-years-old.
- My second concert was Boys II Men when I was 12-years-old.
- The last concert I went to was Hank III; I was 7 months pregnant.
- I love fresh country air and blue skies and sunshine.
- I’ve been to all the 48 contiguous states, Mexico and Canada.
- I have really nice natural fingernails.
- In elementary school, I played the trombone and the trumpet.
- 90% of the furniture in our house is either inherited, secondhand, a gift, or handmade.
- My favorite color is purple.
- I have time-management and punctuality deficiencies.
- The first horror movie I ever saw was Candyman, and I was terrified.
- I love driving, road trips and vacations.
- I had very little hair until I was about 6-years-old.
- Our basement is full of musical equipment for my husband’s two bands.
- My favorite type of food is anything breakfasty.
- I wear men’s size 11 shoes (that’s a women’s size 13).
- I never had a broken bone until I was 21-years-old when I fractured my clavicle.
- I smoked cigarettes for 10 years, but now I am quit for good.
After reading a blog entry over at Wise Craft about house music, I decided to make my own list of songs that I could listen to over and over again repeatedly. Which I have actually done with these songs on multiple occasions over the years. They’re just that good!
To keep the list “short,” and in the interest of “diversity,” I’ve only chosen one song per band/artist, which was really hard to do, as seen in the footnotes for few songs (so I cheated a teensy bit). These are listed alphabetically by artist, because that’s how they came out as I was sifting through Media Player; it seems to add a bit of organized randomness to the whole thing.
If you don’t feel like clicking each individual link to the songs, I’ve put them all on a playlist available on YouTube: Infinite Repeat (click “Play All Videos” to start the awesomeness). Otherwise you can just read through the entire list below, which turned out to be longer than I expected. I trimmed it down twice but I cannot get it in under thirty, so lengthy it remains…
AC/DC “Squealer” Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Allman Brothers Band “Midnight Rider” The Devil’s Rejects Soundtrack
Black Sabbath “Planet Caravan” Paranoid
Cake “Wheels” Pressure Chief
Clutch “Basket of Eggs” Jam Room
Danzig “Ashes” Danzig 5: Blackacidevil
Devildriver “I Dreamed I Died” Devildriver
Faith No More “Woodpecker from Mars” The Real Thing
Fiona Apple “Extraordinary Machine” Extraordinary Machine
George Michael “Freedom 90″ Listen Without Prejudice Vol. 1
Heart “Magic Man” Greatest Hits
INXS “Need You Tonight” Kick
Johnny Cash “God’s Gonna Cut You Down” American V: A Hundred Highways
Led Zeppelin “When the Levee Breaks” Led Zeppelin IV
Les Claypool “Up On the Roof” Purple Onion
Medeski Martin & Wood “The Dropper” The Dropper
Mr. Bungle “Vanity Fair” California
Neil Young “Old Man” Harvest
Nine Inch Nails “Into the Void” The Fragile
Pantera “Shedding Skin” Far Beyond Driven
Pink Floyd “Childhood’s End” Obscured by Clouds
Primus “Mrs. Blaileen” Tales from the Punchbowl *
Puscifer “Momma Sed” V is for Vagina
Rage Against the Machine “Testify” The Battle of Los Angeles
Slayer “Stain of Mind” Diabolus in Musica
System of a Down “Spiders” System of a Down
Ted Nugent “Stranglehold” Ted Nugent
Testament “John Doe” Demonic **
That 1 Guy “Buttmachine” The Moon Is Disgusting
Tool “Reflection” Lateralus
Whale “Hobo Humpin’ Slobo Babe” We Care
White Zombie “El Phantasmo and the Chicken Run Blast-o-rama” Astro-Creep: 2000 †