This is an update of a previous post: Printable Animal Masks
So, yeah, I’m a bit late in posting this. HA-HA! Go figure!
I applied myself to the Elsie Marley Kids Clothing Week Challenge Spring 2012 with blazing ferocity, and the result is a cute little Southerny apron-style sundress! Even I was not expecting it to turn out so “country”, but that’s where the fabric led me. Seems appropriate, since we live in the country, after all.
I made a 4-foot Finn doll for Gunner! This was my first attempt at a real “plush” sewing project, and it turned out pretty darn good (and big)! I call him Proto-Finn; I’ve made some planned adjustments to the pattern so I can make another and fix some of the wonkiness. He’ll still have the same noodle’y limbs, though — that’s the best part!!
He’s got magnets in his mouth and buttons for eyes, so we can make some other facial expressions for him, too! He still needs a backpack, and Jake the Dog will be made sometime in the future. Mathematical!
I made the costumes for both kids this year and actually finished them. Several stuffed animals (and one leather handbag) were sacrificed to make Nola’s barbarian costume. Her boots were the cutest part, but you can’t really see them in any of the pictures. Nola the Destroyer!
We recently added two DVD-rack shelving units to the living room, freeing up the bookcase that my dad made for me, to be actually used for books! I decided to make some fabric bookends, having stumbled upon them quite some time ago in JoshuaByOak‘s Etsy shop. I made them larger (7×5 inches), with heavy unbleached cotton duck-like fabric, applied the images using printable fabric transfers, and filled them with 6-lbs. of lentils. They turned out really well!
I was super-psyched when I received an email from a Girl Scout Troop leader, inquiring about the Beanbags with removable covers that I had made for my nephew for his birthday. She was interested in making them as a project for her Troop to donate to shelters, and asked if I would be willing to send some instructions. So I took some photos and wrote up some instructions, and decided to make it into a tutorial to post here on the blog!